In our Spring Into Summer contest this year we asked you all 3 easy questions about your favourite things to do when the weather improves and the sun is out until late in the evening… and we promised that we’d share the top answers with all of you in this blog, so we will!
Before we get to the answers though we want to remind you that skin care is very important in the summer months, especially if you’re going to be spending a lot of time outside. So, please keep these 3 tips in mind.
1) Wear sunscreen! You should be applying sunscreen to all exposed skin 20 minutes before you go outside, and reapply every 2 hours, or more frequently if you’re especially sweaty, or have been swimming.
2) Hydrate! Drinking plenty of water and sports drinks isn’t just good for your overall hydration, it’s important for your skin. The sun beating down on you isn’t going to make your skin happy, even with sunscreen, so drink up.
3) Wash Up! After a long day of playing or even just relaxing in the sun it’s important to remember to have a shower and change into clean (non-sweaty) clothes. This will help keep your pores clear and avoid acne breakouts.
And now, onto your favourite summer things!
1) What’s Your Favourite Summer Thing To Do At Home?
The number 1 answer was… Enjoying a BBQ!
We can’t argue with this choice at all. It’s great to gather with friends and family and enjoy some BBQ’d lunch or dinner.
We didn’t ask which foods you like to BBQ most, but you can’t go wrong with burgers, hot dogs, chicken, veggie skewers, potatoes, and more!
The 2nd most popular answer to this question was relax in the sun, followed by gardening, and have a water fight.
2) What’s Your Favourite Summer Thing To Do At The Park?
The number 1 answer was… Enjoy a Picnic!
It sounds like a great answer to us! Spread out the blanket, have some sandwiches and salad and fruit, maybe a little lemonade or juice, and top it off with dessert to make it the best picnic of the summer. Just remember to be on the lookout for ants!
The 2nd most popular answer to this question was relax on the swings, followed by play frisbee with the dog and fly a kite.
3) What’s Your Favourite Summer Exercise Activity?
The number 1 answer was… Swimming!
What a great choice, they all would have been, but swimming is both great exercise and an amazing way to cool off on a hot summer day!
Remember, like we said before, that you need to reapply your sunscreen after you’re done in the pool, and we want you to swim safely, so have fun, but be smart in the water.
Whether you’re swimming laps or you’re playing volleyball in the pool, we know you’re going to have a good time.
The 2nd most popular answer to this question was going for a hike, followed by riding a bicycle and playing beach volleyball.
Thank you to everyone who entered the Spring Into Summer contest and gave us their answers. We can’t wait to give you all a chance to win again later this summer!