It’s that time of year again! Fall has come and whether any of us are ready or not, it’s here.
The first month of fall can be busy with new classes, new teachers, new jobs, new apartments, and maybe even a new city. And we know that busy people may not have a lot of time for skin care, so we have some quick and easy reminders to help you prevent acne.
1. Boys, if you wear a baseball cap or hat, remember to wash it regularly. Sweat and dirt will collect on the inside band and will transfer to your head. This bacteria can lead to acne.
2. Girls, when you’re shopping for cosmetics, remember to look for oil-free or “non-comedogenic” makeup without added dyes and chemicals to avoid breakouts.
3. Ladies, if you have longer hair, move it away from acne-affected areas, such as the face, neck, and shoulders. It’s especially important to keep your hair away from these areas when you go to sleep.
4. Gentlemen, when you’re styling your hair, stay away from oils, pomades, or gels. If they get on your face, they can block your pores and cause pimples to form.
5. And here’s one for everybody: keep your phone (and face) bacteria-free. Wipe it down with an antibacterial wipe a few times a day to avoid spreading oil and dirt onto your cheek and jawline.
Good luck this fall everybody!